Friday, March 9, 2007

English names for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl's starters revealed

Turtwig, the grass type starter, evolves into Grotle and then Torterra, the grass/ground type world turtle. Chimchar, the fire-type starter, evolves into Monferno and then Infernape, the fire/fighting-type monkey. Piplup, the water-type starter, evolves into Prinplup and then Empoleon, the water/steel-type penguin.

Personally, I think most of the names are pretty good except for Grotle, which just sounds kind of gross. Empoleon, Torterra, and Infernape are definitely good names I think, especially Empoleon. I'll be going with the grass-type, just out of tradition. What about you?

Oh and click the image to view all 9 pokeymans!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just thought it was a little sad that nobody left a comment on your blog, so I thought, why the hell won't I? Im going to buy a DS soon with this game. I think I'm going with the grass-type too, because he looks really cool (especially Grotle.. although he really does sound gross!). It must be an enourmous Pokémon! Just look at it, it has a tree on his back! It's huuuuge! xD

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the names and the pictures appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I think pokemon are cool i have the game on DS and im with the water/steal any day hes so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Personally my fav is Infernape...er...that is how you spell it right?

Anywho, I normally go for the fire or water type but Monferno and Infernape look pretty. ^^

And...uh...is it me or is it that the newer the starter Pokemon the bigger their heads compared to their bodies? o.O

Anonymous said...

I have this game and I chose Piplup. I know have an Empoleon(it was VERY hard to beat my rival's Torterra). I'm about to go up against the Elite Four.

Anonymous said...

i chose turtwig and it rocks. i've beaten the leage 7 times to date.